Introduction to the Pro-Stitcher - All Day Class
Part 1 - Overview
9:00 a.m. to Noon
Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with a Pro-Stitcher. New owners - start here!
- Overview of support resources available on-line
- Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
- Fit a design to a block using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
- Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
- Overview of Art & Stitch
Part 2 - Let's Quilt
1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the HQ Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
- What's the difference between Reposition, Nudge and Drag and Drop?
- The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
- Using Skew 1 vs Skew 2
- Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge to edge designs
- Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move and Channel Locks